- Brush my teeth really well, including my tongue so my breath doesn’t stink.
- Shave head. Carefully. We don’t want a repeat of that incident when I missed a patch and looked like a Who from Whoville.
- Trim edges of beard. The difference between an epic prophet beard and a crazy cult leader beard is surprisingly hard to define, but raggedy beard edges have something to do with it. That, and neck hair. Say no to the throat beard.
- Print literature for tabling: new student devotional guide, Why Jesus? essay, The Jesus FAQ.
- Practice smiling in the mirror.
- Double check on throat hair.
P.S. I don’t think I’ve publicized it here, but I put a new writing online. I mention it above in the “print literature” bullet point — it’s a ten‐day devotional guide for new students called Thrive. It, along with all my other writings, is indexed here.