Will Phillips asked me to make 8 quirky comments about myself, so here goes:
- When I reheat foods, I like to set the microwave for a prime number of seconds (i.e., 17, 23, 37, etc).
- I tend to disdain “literary fiction” — I find that the typical science fiction or fantasy novel is just as insightful and vastly more entertaining.
- I write PHP programs to relax.
- I hardly ever watch TV anymore — I’m pretty much exclusively devoted to watching programs on Netflix. My wife and I are currently on a Veronica Mars kick.
- I used to hate talk radio, but now I love listening to Dennis Prager. I find him very stimulating.
- I don’t like the New York Times mostly because it doesn’t carry comics. Seriously. I want my Get Fuzzy and my Pearls Before Swine!
- I don’t eat the meal before I preach. Maybe it’s psychological, but I feel that the food in my belly makes me slow-witted.
- The main reason I haven’t written a book is that I feel that there are too many books out there already — the great stuff is getting lost in the flood.
So there. 8 things about me you probably didn’t know.